• Create BookmarkCreate Bookmark
  • Create Note or TagCreate Note or Tag
  • PrintPrint

Solution

On the company homepage, above the fold, dedicate 95 percent of the area and links to the visitor groups that account for 95 percent of the total visitor population, and keep the remaining area and links for the visitor groups that account for the remaining 5 percent. Use the footer of the homepage to provide explicit links for each group, including those in the 5 percent category. Balance space for your branding against the navigation needs of your target audience. Throughout the site, focus attention on the specific roles of your customers, and use value propositions they will understand. Include in-depth presentations and lists of information to keep visitors engaged if they want to know more.

Figure A7.6. A company homepage must focus on its primary audience, without forgetting about secondary audiences or company branding.



PREVIEW

                                                                          

Not a subscriber?

Start A Free Trial


  
  • Creative Edge
  • Create BookmarkCreate Bookmark
  • Create Note or TagCreate Note or Tag
  • PrintPrint