• Create BookmarkCreate Bookmark
  • Create Note or TagCreate Note or Tag
  • PrintPrint
Share this Page URL
Help

Choosing Content

So what should you put on your home page? A quick glance around the Web reveals a range of both exceptionally gorgeous and appallingly dull personal sites. Your goal at the get-go is, quite simply, not to be appallingly dull. Don't be discouraged if the first home page you create isn't a prizewinner, however. Your page will change and grow along with your interests and personality: It doesn't have to be a great work of art to express what you want it to express. Don't be put off or feel outclassed by online phenomena. Remember the Internet is a place where anyone can be published. As your site evolves, it is sure to get the attention—read, hits—it rightfully deserves.

At the beginning of this chapter, I said you should not put anything on your home page that puts your privacy at risk. Remember, after your home page is live on the Internet, anyone can see it. While 99% of Internet users might be perfectly innocent in their intent, you need to use caution against that remaining 1%.


PREVIEW

                                                                          

Not a subscriber?

Start A Free Trial


  
  • Creative Edge
  • Create BookmarkCreate Bookmark
  • Create Note or TagCreate Note or Tag
  • PrintPrint